Grow cells grow

I am so tired and although I have a lot to write and ALOT on my heart and mind to say (and I will when I can think a little straighter), I will keep this short for now. Charlotte’s fevers have stopped! All the fever spikes that would come and go every 4-6 hours and be accompanied by severe chills and shakes are over! Now we need her cells to grow. We like to playfully chant GROW CELLS GROW. Please chant with us so we can get our girl home before round 2 starts next week!

I have so much to update. I promise to do so but just wanted to let you all know she had the best day yet today and has turned a corner! We are hopeful her white cell count will improve very soon and start to climb so that we can go home. For now, she is receiving blood products when needed to help support her recovery (thank you donors! You help a little fighter like ours be able to continue their fight), receiving IV antibiotics to cover her during this time where she is susceptible to infections, getting her appetite back (mom brought some healthy smoothie ingredients to help supplement), and she’s playing and goofy and joyful. She got a little free time off her IV pole last couple days to go on walks with Brian or I. Today we went outside for a long walk and had a popsicle in the sunshine.

When searching for the silver lining, sometimes it can be found in the fact that life slows down during treatment or recovery from treatment in such a way that some extra special one on one time with Charlotte can occur. Brian and I get to experience some very special and precious moments in this space that fighting cancer creates.

We do have a new immediate prayer request: her hair has started coming out in clumps. She is so sad to lose her hair for a second time. She is no longer a toddler going through this, but a little girl. Our conversation about this initially broke my heart but then turned into a reflection of how truly special of a soul she is. I’m praying for help as we guide her through this, and for God to protect her sweet spirit from any emotional pain that can come from a little girl, about to start Kindergarten, who is losing her hair. Again. God give us strength and wisdom
#Charlottestrong









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUND 2 under way

Reliving June 13

Getting some sleep and planning on a wagon ride!