Sorry! We are Home!

I wrote a quick update Saturday after we got home and forgot to come back to it and post it! Then normal life back at home took over. Anyways, we are home! Had a wonderful long weekend home together! Full of fun Memorial weekend tid bits.  And Thanks so much mom (Grandma) for caring for all my babies this week. Charlotte was soooo happy and joyful to be back home. And of the 3 rounds so far, even with this C.Diff infection, she's feeling better faster and recovering quicker this round. Her check up today went well! She's able to recover at home and take her immunotherapy home meds along with the antibiotic to help clear the C.Duff infection. Overall, she's doing and feeling well! Thanks for the love and prayers and we hope to truck along for the next 2 weeks until round 4 begins. Taylor and Parker have 7 school days left until they track out for the summer.  I think I will blink and the summer will be gone. Immunotherapy will be completed. The frontline treatment will be done.  We almost can't imagine that day. Almost. I can't tell you how many times Charlotte asks if she will be able to do this or that one day: swim, gymnastics, take a dance class, go to school. Today the kids played school and she asked "me too go to preschool when my tubies are out mommy?" And a few hours ago I heard the clip clopping of a pair of my dressy shoes, I turned to see her walking across my bathroom floor in them like she loves to do with a big smile on her face. " When you get too big, you hand me these shoes mommy? When they fit me?" Oh I can't wait for those days baby. We are getting there with every step we take

Home! This is Charlotte jumping off the couch to "photobomb" 

Backyard fun for Memorial Day weekend


Another gorgeous rainbow seen yesterday in our neighborhood by our Deborah and her family 

A snapshot of Charlotte's morning routine today. Meds and central line flushes and cap changes, and vials for blood draw I did before clinic. The shot is an important factor to help her body produce specialized white cells (macrophages) to seek out and destroy Neuroblastoma after she finishes her Unituxin in patient. The pill is Accutane, an oral chemo she takes 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off to help any immature Neuroblastoma to mature so it doesn't metastasize.


Rest are a few pictures from her last day inpatient while we waited for the C.Diff infection to respond to medication.



Seeet daddy time 

Out of the unit on a 1hr pass Friday! Felt so good to be out!




Comments

  1. Belated welcome home! We've been thinking and praying for you guys every night.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ROUND 2 under way

Reliving June 13

Getting some sleep and planning on a wagon ride!