Hallelujah 1 and 2

Hallelujah number 1: MSK called with Charlotte’s bone marrow biopsy results: No Evidence of Disease! My heart is still beating up in my chest as I type this. To see their number on my iPhone caller ID instead of them sending the news in an email alerted me. I must admit, I went to sit down and said a prayer before I picked up. We communicate via email for basically everything so seeing the number made my stomach lurch but nevertheless hearing it is as beautiful as reading it. She’s still clear. Every clear scan or biopsy is a HUGE victory. Every day she is clear, picture the odds against her going down. Every week, month, year that there is no evidence of disease, she is that much closer to truly being cured. I can hardly say the word but we have to picture it. Cured. Today, she’s even closer.

This week, our entire house, minus Charlotte, has come down with various forms of the flu. We keep trying our best to protect her for worry her immune system is already battling so much and may not be strong enough but really...she is the strongest person we know. We will never stop worrying of course, goes with the territory. But today we celebrate! We have exactly 1 month before we hold our breath again as she has complete scans in mid March at Duke.  And we’ll take every sec of it. Flu-schmoo! We’ll take regular Illnesses that run their course any day.

Hallelujah number 2: update from Miles family.
“We asked for one more miracle and I think we got it. Miles’ echo this morning shows that the right side of his heart is no longer blocked. All of his stats are back to normal. Our big issue now is getting his kidneys functioning again. We are cautiously optimistic- every time we’ve celebrated a big victory we’ve been hit with something else. But the fact that Miles is alive and moving forward today with an unblocked heart.. our third miracle this week. ❤️“

I believe in miracles. Let’s keep surrounding this family with love and hope and prayers as we witness this miracle I hope is unfolding. This little guy has been through so much and has come back from the brink of death several times in the past 2 weeks...it’s as horrifying as it is miraculous❤️🌈



This weekend while their dad was battling the flu, these 3  littles all found me in the guest room—for the first time in 11 years of marriage one of us had to move out, and they told me to stay in bed late as they wanted to make breakfast in bed for mommy. Taylor made Aunt Jemima pancakes and coffee all by herself, Parker washed and did blueberries, Charlotte helped with getting water and was the waitress. I mean it’s just a morning I’ll never forget❤️Now the kitchen clean up is another thing all together🙈but seriously...love rains

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ROUND 2 under way

Reliving June 13

Getting some sleep and planning on a wagon ride!