Charlotte showing the way

Charlotte is tolerating the second round very well so far! Just finishing day 3 of 5 in chemo and then she will have a recovery period. No fevers, still has an appetite, and some energy to play:) We'll take it in and soak up these moments where she is feeling like herself. Coming home each evening has really helped her spirits. It has helped all of our spirits.

The other morning, I buckled her into her car seat to begin our drive into the hospital and she tilted her little head looking at me and said, "God is powerful?" It took my breathe away. What she was doing was requesting a song that she likes from a Vacation Bible School CD I have in my car from last summer when our preschooler, Parker, attended our church/preschool summer camp one week.  I have never been a Christian rock/pop music listener, but this year after getting this CD and seeing how my children like it, we have all been enjoying the music and the messages. When Charlotte said those words, it rang deep within me. I was having a low moment that morning that included lots of doubts and fears. We are really trying to have FAITH over here. It is so hard and I know it is only the beginning stages and we are still coming to terms with this diagnosis, but her little voice saying God Is Powerful at that moment in time was another example of hearing what I needed when I needed it. Another example of Gods grace. It got me through that rainy morning drive to chemo where I watched our little girl show us all what being brave really means. I draw strength from her. She is leading us all.
Our friend Sarah C. shared a quote that rings true: "Sometimes, real superheroes live in the hearts of small children fighting big battles"

Still has her sweet tooth

Playing and finding joy
amid the hospital room

Comments

  1. Jennifer I completely believe that quote!! Even more so now seeing how brave Charlotte is and well she is handling round two!! The best thing you guys are doing for her is keeping her busy and her spirits up! Her strength is flowing and transferring to you guys!! She looks amazing and love that her big personality is shining brighter than sun!!! 😘❤️ Charlotte, keep on kicking cancer's ass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally believe in that quote too! You go Charlotte! One Day At a Time...so nice to get to go home every night! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even when your faith falters, know that's when others step up to lift you up in prayer. We are all one body in Christ.

    When my son Patrick was seriously ill, I had moments with him like that too...just when I thought I couldn't take another bad thing, he'd let me know it was ok. You're right, it's a total grace from God. God bless your precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a powerful post today! Charlotte is a force to be reckoned with. Brave girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So encouraged to hear she is leading the way and responding well to round 2. She is wise beyond her years and giving everyone else needed strength on this road to recovery. Almost at the end of this week Charlotte, we're rooting you on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A God-incident. She is the messenger She is awesome. Way to go Charlotte
    TG
    Prayers
    LY
    Hugs
    Pops

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it amazing how those messages come just when you need to hear them the most?! Keep up the good fight Charlotte! We're cheering for you and sending love and strength and happiness your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear Charlotte is responding well to round 2. She is an amazing little girl w/ strong parents/family/friends supporting her every move. hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, and her sweet little voice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Powerful indeed! Love comes through many voices, and Charlotte's is showing us all some very powerful love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ROUND 2 under way

Reliving June 13

Getting some sleep and planning on a wagon ride!