Looking towards home: round 4 DONE

We slept! Hives are gone! She quietly drew sitting content in the sunshine while she let mommy sleep in💕We began to improve Friday but still had some itching into Saturday and flirted with a fever, however she’s on the upswing. We should be able to head home tomorrow after her morning clinic appointment❤️🌈 As I type this, we are sitting outside on the RMH 7th floor balcony while she is collecting random items (“treasures”) she finds in which she’s making some kind of “nature trash sculpture” and it is a sight to behold believe me🤣

When we see her playing so carefree and happily amid it all, it is not something we take for granted. We, of course, have learned to celebrate all the small joys for they are truly big ones. I have seen and learned of other Neuroblastoma families going through the unimaginable, some getting difficult news, searching for hope. Admittedly, while on this journey, I can put on my blinders and I battle with self preservation as fear is always just below the surface for Brian and I. But I think I would miss the point and miss those amazing epiphanies that continue to build my faith and strengthen the “purpose” for what Charlotte and our family is going through. As we pray, we lift up these other families whose journey continues to be more difficult, and broaden our scope, while continuing to try to live in each precious moment both big and small.
 #charlottestrong


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUND 2 under way

Reliving June 13

Getting some sleep and planning on a wagon ride!