Vessels

It is truly a blessing we’ve gotten days like these while under going this therapy! My mom was a birthday present as she came to visit us here yesterday for my birthday! We were able to take in a show together at Radio City Music Hall to see The Rockette’s Christmas Spectacular show and have a delicious dinner in the city out for my birthday! My mom has always wanted to take me to see the Rockettes and the show was great! Charlotte was captivated. Although she needed some pain meds yesterday for neuropathy in her fingers and toes, once we got that under control, she was feeling great!

Today, we just tried to keep up with her! We enjoyed playing here at the amazing RMH, and also went to a nearby salon for mani/pedis for a treat❤️We may never know who Mr. Mark is, but we will do our best to get him a thank you note after some detective work. This sweet gentleman met us while at the salon, and after chatting a bit, he quietly paid for our manicures and pedicures on his way out. The kindness and generosity we experience seems to surround us. I truly believe God weaves us together in the most amazing and mysterious ways, as he works through us. We know some but very little of this sweet man, but I plan to find out enough to get him a thank you card made by little Miss Charlotte herself, as she evidently captured his heart.

Capturing hearts is not hard for Charlotte to do of course as we all know. Her very essence draws people in. She is shown so much love even by families that are guests here at the RMH, while they are undergoing difficult times of there own. A Turkish mother and her 3 year old daughter who do not speak a word of English, a young teenager from Nashville under going brain surgery for a very difficult condition, a family from Mexico who has been here for months...these people and more have shown such warmth and genuine love for our little girl and myself. Strangers. All of them strangers, from different walks of life and going through hard times, but here I think we all feel a little like family. I think while being here, my mom was able to witness some of the magic we often feel while going through this. The RMH is a special place and NYC is full of some of the most special people. We thank God for every person He has put in our path. I feel like we take a little something from each other, carrying it forward in some way, building upon it. And it certainly helps give us strength and encouragement to continue to do whatever we must to heal Charlotte.

And we need that strength and encouragement to help feed us. Because I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to do this. I don’t want to pretend we are on some amazing vacation full of fabulous gifts and experiences we would never get otherwise. Being on this side as a recipient of so much generosity and supportive kindness is humbling in the best way, and we are so grateful, but I’d gladly be on the other side, being the one to give back. Of course we would take an ordinary road in a minute if it meant sparing Charlotte any of this. But she’s got something special she is being called to share. A good friend of mine Kelly recently used the word “vessel” when describing our family and I just loved that thought. Being a vessel, helping to carry and deliver any goodness in any way shape or form while going through this.. Mr. Mark, the RMH employees and volunteers who serve us, the sweet Turkish mother who drops off something to my daughters plate every time she’s in the kitchen here, the young girl who held Charlotte on her lap and played a game and made her feel like she was anywhere but here in this circumstance of being a cancer patient. They are all vessels too. As God weaves, we are all His vessels. Whether we want to be or not.

Tomorrow Charlotte has bone marrow biopsies and clinic and then we should be able to fly home tomorrow evening. Thank you for all your continued prayers for our baby girl, for our family, and for all the families and people we have been blessed to have shared some of this journey with. Our village just keeps expanding❤️🌈


Although I can’t wait to be home with all my people, I got the best birthday gift! Charlotte is feeling so well and we were able to make sweet memories with my momma

Rockettes! We can’t wait to come back for this again one day and bring Taylor next time. I think she’ll love this show too 



Vessels

Thank You for your kindness and generosity Mr. Mark. I hope we meet you again one day. Maybe Ice Skating at Rockefeller Plaza❤️😍

Comments

  1. XOXO Love the vessel concept...best wishes for the bone marrow biopsies and clinic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ROUND 2 under way

Reliving June 13

Getting some sleep and planning on a wagon ride!