11 years ago

I have so much to write, so many things we are feeling and so much happening but I've kind of unplunged recently to enjoy the oldest 2 children being home on a 3 week track out of school and we've honestly been so busy just enjoying life. This amazing, beautiful, messy, scary, chaotic, grace-filled, joyous life!! Today, 11 years ago, our family got started. I married my best friend, my rock, my  soft place, my everything. Today, Brian and I got the chance to have a morning date paddleboarding and kayaking at the lake near our home and then a delicious brunch out, just the two of us. Then we spent the rest of our anniversary home with our world, watching our Hokies play football on TV, eating a delicious dinner Brian and the kids helped cook, and dancing in our living room. For the moment, the world is still and happy and full of love. Next week, we face cancer again in the form of scans and biopsies and blood draws and anesthesia. To try to explain the sickening anxiety Brian and I feel when we start to think about next week is impossible. So I just can't. We pray to put up any fears and worries to God, may he take them and give us hope and peace. God we are so so scared but we are hopeful. And today, thank you God, we got to enjoy each other and feel the love that has built our family over the last 11 years.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUND 2 under way

Reliving June 13

Getting some sleep and planning on a wagon ride!