Serve it sunny side up please

Hi village. We are still here in a holding pattern as we await for fevers and neutropenia (low white blood cell count) to resolve. She is still battling sore mouth and bottom which may clear right up when her own white blood cell begin to be manufactured so that they can go to the rescue at these sites of inflammation.

In the meantime, I like to look at the sunny side which Charlotte has so eloquently been able to provide as only a toddler can. What do you eat when your poor hurting mouth wants nothing in it and yet your poor, tired, desparate-to-get-her-nutrition mommy keeps offering any soft food under the sun? Well, you eat Popsicles to help numb your mouth and then alternate sucking said Popsicle with bites of cold Cheerios soaked in milk, or cold yogurt...or whatever else we can concoct😎⛈🌤☀️. Sunny days head baby girl: blue skies smiling at me: the sun will come out tomorrow...yes she is starting to be a tad annoyed at not only my incessant offering of food but also of my probably annoying sing song manner of trying to make her smile. Sometimes it works😜. Or atleast it entertains me during these long days. But daddy comes later today and over night so I will pass the mic to him. And when Charlotte found out it was daddy's turn later today, do you know what she said? "Me love daddy!" with a big smile. "Love daddy this much!" With her arms out wide. "Me too." I said. And then she scrunched her face up and furrowed her brows and said "love mommy little" and moved her little hands inward to reveal this teeny space of love. I laughed and she laughed and then....we both ate another Popsicle alternating with some cold cereal. Why not?

Comments

  1. Oh Jennifer, so glad there was laughter after her "teeny space of love" gesture, because we all know it is actually infinitely big, even if they deny it. I remember when I had to be the "guard" of the feeding tube's machine when my daughter needed it. She was 9, incredibly mad we were "force feeding her" and determined to try to turn it off when the nurses weren't in the room! I was the embodiment of the enemy in her little angry eyes. I got stares, scratches and shoves, I called the nurses as often as needed, bless their hearts! I am sharing because you are not alone and because it may help to know it could be going worse but IT ISN'T! Charlotte is doing great! Best wishes for this stage and for deep healing to allow for the next stage of treatment. You ROCK Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your own story you so kindly shared with me when we began comes to my mind so many times already while on this journey. And I know I only know a tiny slice of yours, but you and your daughter have been an inspiration to me. How someone I only just met through a new job opportunity channel, and never in person, has become an important person for me to hear from and keep in touch with...life works in such mysterious ways. Thanks so much Patricia. You help me be able to clearly visualize our Charlotte well and growing up. Just like your little girl

      Delete
  2. Was there when Daddy arrived and with him were Tay and Parker
    A joyous time and lots of smiles and hugs
    We got pizza and Subway and ate in the room
    Kids played together. It was beautiful
    She is incredibly adorable and big sister and brother played with her and it was almost like they were home
    What a wonderful family
    Praying for an increase in white cells and a chance to go home
    Love her
    Love them
    PG
    POPS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ROUND 2 under way

Reliving June 13

Getting some sleep and planning on a wagon ride!