OUR BIRTHDAY GIRL IS 6!

I’m laying here awake trying to decide if I should tip toe off to my comfy bed or fully commit to sleeping in this tent here in our upstairs rec room ....Charlotte’s birthday vision—a backyard camp out. BUT it is 41 degrees here tonight 😆

You all today is our amazing and sweet girls 6th birthday. I will write more tomorrow but for now I just wanted to share this with you all. Our birthday girl had a GREAT day! She is feeling good! She’s been going to school since first day we returned! She is happy and seems carefree and is just THRIVING amid it all. Brian and I just keep trying to look at all of this through her own eyes when we can. God is so good.

So today, I brought her lunch and ate with her in her lunchroom. She shared a birthday treat with her class. After school, we played one of her favorite board games as a family (Hatchimal), has a 70s music dance party, opened some gifts, and made her favorite dinner (orange chicken and fried Japanese edamame rice and vegetable zyogas a la Trader Joe’s!). We made a fire pit and watched a backyard movie (one of her favorites “Leap.”) And then Brian pitched our family size tent in our upstairs rec/playroom😂Kids and Brian conked our immediately over an hour ago while I’m lying here, mind reeling but also feeling so content. We are here. She is here. And tomorrow, she will have more fun with some more family and friends. I think I’ll stick it out with my people here in this tent tonight. There is really no where else I’d rather be❤️🌈Thank You God!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUND 2 under way

Reliving June 13

Getting some sleep and planning on a wagon ride!