Charlotte's Song

I would never want to change one part of this last year and a half. What a strange thing to say, isn't it? I mean who wouldn't want to go back and take away what Charlotte had to go through. Why wouldn't I want to change this last year and a half so that she didn't have to fight every single day to grow up? Today, we were driving in the car to run a simple errand and she began to sing me a song. That song rang throughout every fiber of my being. It was set to the tune of "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine" except with her words of love. She sang I love my mommy, I love my daddy. She sang about her whole family. If I were to change a single thing about this last year, I would change the journey who has helped shape who she is. I would never want to change a single thing about her. To change her story, is to change her. Just listen to her. She is pure love

After a few moments of hearing her song, I hit voice memo record and it actually recorded her on my cars blue tooth! What?! Isn't technology amazing?! I snagged a few photos from my phone for a mini slide show set to her song. It was too sweet not to share so here it is below

Charlotte's Song

Oh and after favorite people, her big sister Taylor and big brother Parker, left for school this morning, she was feeling a little down. Her belly has been feeling pretty yucky and I also could tell she wished they could stay home with her this morning or that she could go off with them. I found her alone in the guest room staring at the wall. She said "look mommy! A rainbow!" God sent her a morning light rainbow. And off she went to play



Morning light rainbows--there were 3 of them! One for each of our gifts from God

My helper at the store today

Singing Beauty and the Beast and playing in her new dress up corner we created.

While she way playing yesterday, I fielded a phone call from The Make A Wish Foundation and they would like to grant Charlotte a wish within the next year or 2❤️

Comments

  1. OMG...Jennifer...I just listened to the song and watched the slideshow. Major tears, happy tears. Thank God for your keen seizing of that moment and yes, for technology, and definitely for the power of music to bring people together and most importantly right now, I thank God for Charlotte's Song. I think of my daughter, 16.5 yrs. old today, and I am hopeful Charlotte will enjoy her sweet 16th one day too! xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT SONG!!! It's no surprise how much Charlotte loves her family. You are all amazing. And she's right, her Dad is awesome! Love you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh.....I am speechless....that was the BEST video and song ever!!!! She is just so special and such a gift from God. And Jen....you have such a beautiful way in sharing Charlotte's story allowing so many to be a part of her journey. I am very proud of you, Brian, Taylor and Parker. I do know how hard this has been but you all have weathered through some difficult times and handled them with grace, dignity, love and strength. I am looking forward to many more rainbow sightings. LY❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I need a lift, all I have to do is listen to Charlottes Song. To say she is a special gift to all of from God is an understatement! So happy things have been progressing in a positive direction. We continue to pray for Charlotte and all the family! Hugs, Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ROUND 2 under way

Reliving June 13

Getting some sleep and planning on a wagon ride!