An inspiring article speaks of hope and possibilities

Duke Children's published an article I wanted to share. This is our Doctor here in the bone marrow transplant unit, Dr. Driscoll. A couple weeks ago during a pre-admission meeting, we needed to hear a story of success and I think he realized that. He shared with us that he just moved his son into college and he ran into an old patient also moving in to begin college. We needed to hear that in that moment and visualize this for Charlotte. Yesterday, this story was published by the mother of this same patient! What a beautiful story. I love this little girls spirit. Her cancer was different and we are also here 10 years later which means many medical advancements have occurred since her days Going through treatment, but the way this mother felt spoke directly to my heart. And the envelope she finds...I can't even....We pray and believe our Charlotte also gets to go to 'calage' (if that's what she wants) and buy a car❤️🌈

http://smithellaneous.com/a-car-and-calage/

Thanks for all of your prayers today as our Charlotte will receive her stem
Cell transplant about noonish today! Within that hour, all her baby stem cells will begin to travel back to her bone marrow to grow and create her new marrow. They like to chant around here "grow cells grow!" Thanking God for this day!

Comments

  1. I love this story. I can't wait for the day when Charlotte goes off to "calage" or gets to some other milestone that's years and years down the road. As a dedicated member of this "village", my heart will be bursting with joy and pride right along with you and Brian.

    Love you all. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina,

    This is Becky, Sarah Smith's mom. (From Calage and A Car.)

    I am so thrilled that our story has given hope to you and beautiful Charlotte. I absolutely love her spunky smile.

    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky! I'm Charlotte's mom, Jennifer. Your article spoke to me at a time when I really needed it. God bless you and your family! We also feel so blessed to have Dr. Driscoll
    In our corner as well as everyone here at Duke. I can only imagine what amazing things your amazing daughter has in store. Best of luck to her in her first year at "calage" :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ROUND 2 under way

Reliving June 13

Getting some sleep and planning on a wagon ride!