Nori and Charlotte




 Every victory from one of the children we know who are fighting Neuroblastoma feels like a victory to us all. And every set back, feels like a gut punch to us all. There is a family with a little girl named Nori, who is so much like our Charlotte. First time we met her, back in 2017, she was always wearing her Snow White night gown and dancing. She too just started first grade after fighting relapsed Neuroblastoma. She too runs around happily while playing with her sister. She too grew back her hair a second time and healed from more treatment. Her laughter echoes through her parents hearts, just the same as our own children’s, just like your children’s echos in yours. And now they sit in fear as a new spot was found on her scans after several years of clear scans again. 


Every victory feels like it could be our girl too. But, in return, every set back can fuel and fan our own fears. I look at this happy, round, pink cheeked, sweet face of Charlotte’s and I think “how can she be anything but well.” And I KNOW...I KNOW that God has her in the palm of his hand and that he is guiding us along all the unknown roads we must walk and I KNOW that our Charlotte is NOT others and her story is her own. I know we are blessed and that she’s doing so great. I know these things. But you all I’m struggling and needing prayers. I wanted to post about September’s Childhood Cancer Awareness messages but I’m living the nightmare in front of you and anyone who loves us. You are coming right along with us and we know you are. You feel every high and every low right along with us, just like I do for these other families we’ve come to know and care about. These other families with a Charlotte too. And Nori deserves a break. To grow up. And her parents deserve to plan for their hopes and dreams instead of pouring through research and treatment protocols all while crying tears that can never leave their eyes because they need to stay strong and focused for Nori and their other children.


God please help them.


Help me. Village, please keep praying with us, specifically now for Nori as well as our own girl who will have full scans Sept 15-16. Sept 16 is our 14th wedding anniversary. Instead of celebrating with our focus on each other, we will be holding hands and praying for another victory for our baby girl. And that’s ok because as much as I sometimes wish we had an easier life, a safer one, I know she’s been called for something more then we can understand. And we are going with her. #charlottestrong

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUND 2 under way

Reliving June 13

Getting some sleep and planning on a wagon ride!