Better then perfect

Our week at the beach last week started less then perfect, stormy with chilly air and rain but rainbows, sun, and warmth soon followed. For Brian and I, it honestly could have been a tropical paradise for all we knew because this year we truly were able to relax and unwind and soak up the glorious news of Charlotte’s scans showing no evidence of disease (NED)! Our perspective forever altered for the better amid a very hard year.

Then today, a memory popped up from my phone with pictures reminding us of today just one year ago...today was Charlotte’s first day back in treatment. My heart stopped when this memory came up today. We’ve been on cloud 9 I forgot today was the day. I’m not sure how I even found the words to write below the pictures I had snapped at the hospital as Brian and I were so devastated and afraid. We didn’t know what this year would look like...would her cancer progress with vengeance like relapsed Neuroblastoma can do, would she respond to treatment and fight it back, would our family survive this again in tact, how would Taylor and Parker handle this again, how could Charlotte’s little 5 year old body handle more chemo and radiation and immunotherapy, what would this do to her spirit, how could we be back here again, how could we find our strength and hope and faith as it felt so far away?

I think this is a reminder that we just need to take it one day at a time when things are hard, hold on and lean on one another, and open our hearts so God can lead us because He IS right here. The world today can be a hard and uncertain place for us all, but Charlotte’s journey reminds me that although life can be hard and very imperfect, it can also be sooooo much better then perfect❤️🌈Thank You God for this day
2020: she did it



2019: trying to stay strong 

2019: I’ve come back to see this face of Charlotte’s many times. A day before we went home to return for her to start treatment. She would lose many pounds and fight side effects And beat back her cancer again after this picture. But I needed to see that full and happy and healthy looking face over this year because I needed to believe we would see it again. And we have🌈



2020 family shot❤️Not all of our family and village is in this picture but we had you all in our hearts this week as we celebrated God’s amazing grace (we are still in process of ordering pictures we had taken at the beach so I will post more when we get them! Got some great shots of a special week)
2020: our 3 amigos

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ROUND 2 under way

Reliving June 13

Getting some sleep and planning on a wagon ride!