Merry Christmas and the gift of Hope

I’m going to steal Charlotte’s catch phrase she has used so many times over this year : “BEST DAY EVER”. For our family, today was the best Christmas ever for sure. This entire season has been the best holiday season ever. The worrier in me peeks her head in at times and then I want to freeze time for fear it’s too good to last. But, the person I have grown into over the past 21 months knows that every time I think I have things figured out, I realize I truly know very little. Just when I think life can’t get any better, God happens, and it gets better. Does this “better life” include hard times that are full of unimaginable pain and fear? Yes. Does this involve watching the people I love most struggle and hurt? Yes. Does this involve spending time away from each other, creating a strain on our family relationships? Yes.  Does this cause burdens on our hearts and in our lives every way imaginable from financial to mental to emotional? Yes. Does this involve facing our worst fears and considering things we could never have thought to consider before? Yes. And yet, here we are arguably better.  Happier. More at peace, with life appearing a bit more clear, more meaningful. Able to achieve what I believe is a deeper form of love then we could of had before. Love for our children and for each other and for God and for all things. Amidst any parents worst fears, and still not through the woods, life is better. And as much as I wish I could freeze our little family of 5 in time, captured in this season of our lives, everyone well and happy and joyful and together...I have learned that beyond my own sight is something better. Life keeps getting better. That is the gift we celebrate this season. God gave us this gift as we celebrate the birth of Jesus who brought God’s light into the darkest of places. We celebrate HOPE in the form of a baby this Christmas. That hope has translated into so many things for our family as perhaps it has in your own lives. What a gift this Christmas has been. I will never, ever forget this gift. Thank you God. Thank you Jesus. Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you who continue to pray for and love our Charlotte and our family.


Reading Twas the Night Before Christmas❤️



We take a picture with the Christmas Bear every Christmas and watch them grow.

A rainbow here in town Christmas Morning! Looks like a 😊 

She asked santa for a pocket bible because she lost the one she got in her stocking last Christmas while in transplant. Man she cherished that one. And this one she pretends to read, often discussing who much God Loves is and who Jesus is as a friend, and she carries it everywhere! I mean it’s incredible. How could she know how much God has pulled her through, side by side with the medicine and our care. 

She also asked Santa for a “my age motorcycle”! She’s having a blast!

Ready to run down Christmas morning!


Angel at Christmas Eve service 


Christmas cookie baking! Ugly Christmas sweater cookies and Grabdma Reynolds Sand Tarts 




Christmas cuddles


A cruise on our boat with uncle Tim aunt Eather and Evan !





Cousins!


Charlotte was honorary Team Captain at a home Duke womens  basketball game! They framed and signed some art work she did and presented her down on the court! I’ll include the video below. Such a special night and honor for our girl 

C


Banner at RMH in NYC❤️ 



Visit with Nana and Oogie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUND 2 under way

Reliving June 13

Getting some sleep and planning on a wagon ride!