Immediate Prayer request: Riley Rose

I write this here today because I promised a scared mother I would gather the power of Charlotte's village. I have witnessed first hand how powerful we can be when we combine our voices in prayer and send positive, uplifting thoughts. A 5 year old girl, Riley Rose, who is also fighting same cancer as Charlotte yet who has had an unimaginable uphill road that even I cannot wrap my mind around, has just come out of emergency brain surgery because during round 2 of immunotherapy she experienced brain bleeding and pathology has determined it is relapse Neuroblastoma and they are awaiting MRI results to determine extent of this relapse that has evidently spread into her Central Nervous System. I write this only to ask if all of those who have loved and prayed for Charlotte and our family over this last year could pause and send them up in prayer asking that whatever they find be treatable via the road with less resistance so that sweet Riley and this family doesn't have to go through anymore pain. I don't know what I'm praying exactly as words are not coming to me, just that I've only been able to surround a handful of other patients like Charlotte in love because this hits so hard so close to home and my heart is breaking for this family.  Can you please pray for Riley and her family? May god help them walk by faith and not by sight. May they be able to feel His love and peace that can only be explained at this time because of his grace. I'll attach a couple pictures so you have her sweet face to go with your prayers 

My message to their mom who I have messaged with briefly here and there over the past 6months. It was all I could think to say to her. What words will help them as they face this? What can we do?

"I have tried to think what to say, what to write and I know I'm not in the minority here of people who feel that no words can come to me. We have been following your precious Riley as she fights this beast for about 6 months now and we come to you from a similar place in that our 3 year old baby girl is also fighting stage IV Neuroblastoma. So as a mother who has walked in your shoes for some steps, though not all by any means, I try to think about what words would bring comfort to me and perhaps have brought comfort along this journey to heal our baby girl who is our world too. And only one word comes to mind and it's the simplest and yet most powerful one. Of course, it is love. YOU are loved. Riley is loved. God has not forgotten or forsaken you. He is here with you in every aspect of light and dark. We cannot understand but we can walk not by sight but by faith. What other choice do we have. Let this LOVE wash over you and in you and breathe it in and let it bring you moments of peace and clarity that defy all explanation because those moments are full of God's grace and cannot be explained in any other way. You can do ALL things through this belief. You've got this. She's got this. And our village will pray and hold you all close as you attack in whatever way you must to help heal your baby girl. There are only 2 numbers that matter: 0% and 100% and you all are going for 100% healing for Riley (our onc used those words at diagnosis and we have clung to them). You are loved
(. You are focusing on your baby girl so please don't respond but know I'm here praying)



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ROUND 2 under way

Reliving June 13

Getting some sleep and planning on a wagon ride!